The new BX46 was engineered from the ground-up with ergonomic and economic concerns in mind from the lowest stage height and most adjustable observation tube on the market, to the standard Olympus color-balanced LED. The new tilting, telescoping and lifting observation tube ensures that every user can adjust the microscope to suit their individual needs. This ergonomic flexibility helps the operator maintain a comfortable posture, especially beneficial for prolonged observation periods.
Features and Benefits
Ergonomic Design for Efficiency and Comfort
- Transmitted light frame features a unique low-positioned stage for uncompromised comfort during microscope use.
- Barely 5 inches off the work surface, the BX46 stage is inches lower than standard microscopes allowing for increased working comfort. Only minimal forearm movement is necessary to easily change or mark specimens.
- Updated Y-shaped frame brings user controls forward for ease of access, efficiency and enhanced operator comfort.
- The new tilting, telescoping/ lifting binocular observation tube offers unsurpassed comfort in viewing position. The new U-TTLBI binocular head tilts from 0-27°, extends an incredible 55mm, and lifts 45mm to accommodate different operators and reduce fatigue during use.
- The new color-balanced LED with light intensity management system diminishes eye fatigue and the strain of repetitive adjustments.
- The light action, low torque stage reduces the force needed to move the specimen. Move the low-position handles with just a tap of the finger tips.
- Y-shaped frame brings all adjustable features toward the user for easy access to controls, while also providing maximum stability
- 5-position focusing nosepiece with slider slot for simple polarization.
Flexible System Format
- The BX46 accepts all UIS2 optics, delivering bright, sharp and high-contrast images.
- The BX46 comes with the new Olympus LED transmitted light source, but a 6V/30W halogen lamphouse is optional.
- A variety of contrast methods are available for the BX46 such as brightfield, Gout Analysis and simple polarized light observations.
- Choose from a wide selection of observation tubes, stages, slide holders, intermediate units, filters and peripherals.
- UPLSAPO Series
- The Olympus Super Apochromat objectives compensate for both spherical and chromatic aberrations, from UV to the near infrared region. Highly recommended for fluorescence applications, UPLSAPO lenses ensure the acquisition of sharp, clear images, without color shift, even in brightfield observation.
- Available in 4x, 10x, 20x, 20x oil, 40x, 40x oil, 60x and 100x oil.
- PLAPON Series
- Designed for unsurpassed resolution and contrast, Plan Apochromat objectives reduce chromatic aberration to an absolute minimum.
- Available in 1.25x, 2x and 60x oil.
- UPFLN Series
- These plan objectives provide flat images with high transmission up to the near infrared region of the spectrum. Featuring a high signal to noise ratio, excellent resolution and high contrast imaging, they are especially effective in brightfield observation.
- Available in 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 40x oil, 60x, 60x oil and 100x oil.
- UPLFLN-PH Series
- Universal phase contrast objectives that provide the same critical optical performance as the UPLFLN series, but especially engineered for phase contrast applications.
- Available in 4xPH, 10xPH, 20xPH, 40xPH, 60xPH oil and 100xPH oil.
- PLN Series
- Ideal for a range of clinical and research applications, these high quality objectives feature excellent flatness beyond the field of view in transmitted brightfield observations.
- Available in 2x, 4x, 10x, 40x, 50x oil and 100x oil.
- PLN-PH Series
- Designed for phase contrast applications, these objectives offer the same high optical quality and flatness as the PLN series.
- Available in 10x, 20x, 40x and 100x oil.
- No Cover Objectives
- The Olympus coverglass-free objectives are designed for glass slides without a cover slip. This capability is largely required for observing blood smear specimens.
Special Purpose Objectives
- Cytology: 10x Plan Achromat CY with built-in neutral density filter that equalizes the light intensity when switching between the 10x and 40x objectives. Eliminates the need to adjust light intensity when switching between the two objectives (for faster, convenient viewing)
- Hematology: 50x Plan Achromat oil for the image quality of oil with a large field of view. Oil proof function.
- Pathology: 60x Achromat for high magnification and the convenience of oil-free use
- Pathology: 2x Plan Achromat for large field scanning and imaging
- Multi-head viewing attachments - accommodate up to five total observers. Allows several users to observe a single specimen at the same time. Built-in pointer allows teachers to highlight areas of interest.
- Intermediate attachments - Eyepoint height adjuster (U-EPA2, U-EPAL-2); camera adapter (U-TRUS); LED arrow pointer (U-APT); Gout slider kit (U-GAN); drawing attachment (U-DA); magnification changers (U-CA, U-ECA).
BX46 Upright Brochure Click to open.